Does anybody have any information on this lathe

I've replied to another thread of yours, where you were asking the same question. The key feature seems to be the carriage layout - handwheel on the right, half-nut lever on the left. Not very common. Paging through the link that CluelessNewB posted, I think the closest match would be the Elpha 1224G on the second page. Same carriage layout, and very similar looking headstock and control layout.

British lathes often had that "reversed" apron arrangement- maybe it was made for that market and took a detour

I agree I think its a UK design quirk.
My little 11” has it reversed and honestly it is much nicer not having your left arm cranking the hand wheel with hot/sharp thingys hitting it. Likely because someone who actually used a lathe was behind the drafting board.
a7bd57dc762ce786d7a995ce561c8cc5.jpg

Carriage handwheel on the right is common on gap-bed lathes, at least the ones I've used. Of course, they were Colchesters.....

I agree that it looks like Grizzly green ... as well as the shape of the headstock and the general layout of the control switches. It also looks like a 12" swing lathe (ie, ~6" from spindle center to the highest point on the bed ways) - Donovan, please confirm this.

But the feature that I noticed wis different is that the carriage handwheel is on the right side of the carriage, not the left (which is usual here in the US).

I have a number of 12" lathe manuals, both current and discontinued. The only ones that show such an arrangement are for the Enco 110-2034 and the Lataine LAM-350BH. But both of those have different looking headstocks and control layouts than yours.
View attachment 296383

View attachment 296384
Thank you for your time ...i will have to check and make sure on those measurements

I've replied to another thread of yours, where you were asking the same question. The key feature seems to be the carriage layout - handwheel on the right, half-nut lever on the left. Not very common. Paging through the link that CluelessNewB posted, I think the closest match would be the Elpha 1224G on the second page. Same carriage layout, and very similar looking headstock and control layout.
Thank you i will have to go and have a look there

Back