The motor was the only problem I've ever had so I changed it out. It wasn't an easy job.
Taiwan motors are wired so different. I also added a second lock leaver to the tail stock
to help keep it locked down and I added a 120-220 volt rec. to the front for thing like
grinders. I put on a 3 Axis Digital Readout and a tool tray. It has really been a good tool.
The motor was 220v ... It was the capacitors that kept blowing out. I just changed over to
a USA made motor. The wiring problem was all USA made motors needs 4 wires for FWD/REV
and the one that came with my lathe had only 3 wires. The only way was to keep one of the wires
hot all the time with the new motor. This should not be a problem unless something would get a short.
So I'm not going to show how I did this because it would not pass code but it works for me.