Does anyone have any plans for a Gerstner Style tool chest?

Nice job, Jack. How did you cut the joints?
I have a home built router table, and a table saw, but no idea how to cut those joints.
I want to build a set like that for mill tools and a riser for my Kenedy for my lathe.
Chuck

Hey Chuck. Go to finewoodworking .com and search for: finger joint jig. This is the one I built, it works great. You can also buy one from Rocklers & other woodworking suppliers.

Jack C.

Nice job, Jack. How did you cut the joints?
I have a home built router table, and a table saw, but no idea how to cut those joints.
I want to build a set like that for mill tools and a riser for my Kenedy for my lathe.
Chuck

Having received an e-mail that there was an update to this thread, I went back through the post. I had forgotten I'd put in a bid on the plans that Terry referred to. I had forgotten to go back and review the auction, and was out bid by 50 cents, but the plans sold for less than $15!
I have since ordered and received the tool box book and my cabinet maker buddy and I will hopefully start on a box when I get back from vacation.

Chuck

hopefully not digging up an old thread, hopefully will have some done soon. C:))

I now have enough copies of the plans I have. If I owe you a set, pleas PM me with your address. Sorry for the wait.

"Billy G"

I enjoy getting a hold of old beat-up ones at sales and auctions and re-furbishing them.
I've got three in packing boxes awaiting attention - for over a decade now, *GADS* must get back into it.

The first one I got a hold of was back when I was on the board laying graphite to vellum. I made it
into a box for holding all my drafting equipment. It was missing a top, drawers all busted up, etc.
All I had to work with was a router mounted to a table stand, a drill, and scrap wood from a cabinet shop.
Now I have the shop equipment, and way too much wood, but alas not enough time it seems.

_Dan

They are out of print and no longer available.

"Billy G"

Back