Does Anyone Recycle Their Chips?

Thanks Tim,

You guys must machine a tremendous amount of parts per week.

Joe

2500 parts a week, we have 8 mazaks, 12 miltronics, 3 Daewoo's and a host of other mills like trak DPMs and bridgeports. Tim

We do about 5 tons of chips a month at work. I work on our puck maker, takes loose chips and makes them into a 3" round puck about the size of a tuna can. 8 barrels of chips makes 1 barrel of pucks. The good thing is it squeezes off the coolant so we can recycle it too. Tim
That sounds like a good project. I have seen a compactor for alum. cans, but chips would be a great idea. Picture would be handy.

I tried to take some aluminum swarf into the local recycling yard, they wouldn't take them. They go to the landfill, now.

Every last chip of everything is sorted and sold. Every last nickle helps the bottom line.

I tried to take some aluminum swarf into the local recycling yard, they wouldn't take them. They go to the landfill, now.

Losse chips is only worth 10% of puck by weight. If you are only talking about a bucket or 2 I would not worry about it, if you are talking about drums full, that is serious money.

Back