Does It Exists, 3 Axis Display 4 Igaging Dro?

Found this on another part of Yuriy's site at: http://www.yuriystoys.com/2012/01/reading-gtizzly-igaging-scales-with.html

testAugust 3, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Is the ANdroid DRO compatible with the serial output of the new igaging "ABSOLUTE" series ? : http://www.igagingstore.com/38-Absolute-Digital-Readout-DRO-Stainless-Steel-S-p/205483.htm
Replies

Yuriy KrushelnytskiyAugust 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I don't know; haven't had a chance to play with the new model.
Nathan WrightNovember 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Short answer: no.
At a minimum, the Absolute DRO has a 2KHz clock. But, changing the clock freq isn't enough.
The data line is severely attenuated with a 5.6K PD resistor. The original display unit has a 100K PU resistor, so this will require a schematic change to match.
Have not had a chance to look at the data on the logic analyzer to confirm if it is still 21-bit.
(There also appears to be a pull up on pin 4 of the Mini-USB. Looks to be a basic connection check - the control unit stops sending the clock if that pull up is removed. Looks like this can be ignored.)
Will investigate further and post an update as time permits.

If one want's a cheaper dro and not interested in Yury's touch dro. Check out this site. I have nothing to do with them, just found there site and prices look good.

http://www.thedrostore.com/

+1 for TouchDRO. I've put them on my mill and lathe with dedicated Android tablets I got for $50 off eBay (older gen Nexus 7"). I had glass scales on my mill already, and sold my old Accurite readout box on eBay. The tablet screen and touch buttons are way nicer IMO. I also like the thin DRO tablet compared to the old boat anchor readout box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it helps, I intend to build Yuri's interface at Walmart I found a 5" tablet for $49.95 ended up with a 8" for $79.99. As cheap as Craigslist but with a warranty. Both had everything required by Yuri, I bought the larger for sight and it takes a microsd card for more memory. Downloaded his app it looks great, it can be set up for more than one machine, so one display for both mill and lathe. From fooling around for ham radio I already have a Arduino and prototype shield still need the bluetooth unit I'll let you know how it works.
Only thing I need to figure is I have a Casio programmable calculator that have programmed for right hand tringles, tap drill sizes actual drill depth and others but I bet there is an Android app for these.

Touch dro is awesome. Beyond what everyone else has already mentioned the same readout (your tablet) can be used on all of your machines. So you are really out the cost of scales and a $30 worth of electronics. Run your table saw fence, drill press, 3 axis mill plus the readout off your spindle plus rpm, lathe, you name it. All from one device. Also touch dro is capable of being run off a USB connection for those who want to avoid wireless. I set up a G0704 for less than $350 with glass scales. Was about half the price of an equally functional dedicated unit.

Who has any experience with the new Absolute DRO Plus? They appear to be a combination of previous models,.

I had a set of the original Igaging DRO's on a lathe and used them for several years. I didn't like the the way the screen shut off after a few minutes, it kept the setting, but was a pain to have to keep turning it back on. Other than that I liked them as they made my feeble attempts at machining much more accurate feeble attempts. I bought a new lathe and purchased the Absolute DRo's, they are a definite upgrade, as the accuracy is much better, the display is larger and doesn't shut off automatically. It was stated in one of the previous posts that these scales react slower than the previous ones, I haven't noticed this. I did have a problem when I installed them though. On the older versions (at least the ones I had) you could mix and match the reading heads and displays, this was not the case with the ones I received. The head of the 12" model would not work with the display of the 36" model and vise-versa.

Bill

For the record the Bluetooth, even in a noisy environment should be just fine. The hardware and positions of the scales showing like 5 time a second, if there is a glitch on the wireless side this would just result in a slight lag in the updating of the positions, but chances are you will get the next one in the next 200milliseconds. Since you are looking at manual machines I doubt this would have any affect since your reactions in the machine are probably slower.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I just started the install of AccuRemote stainless gages are these in the same category as the igaging absolute
Well the AccuRemote scales and gages are installed and work great. ordered all the parts to build a Yuriy remote readout. but not sure I have the correct chip or what ever it is called. I wrote in on the site but yet to get a response. not sure if my microcontroller will work. I hope this all does not fail when it is time to program the microcontroller. this is what i wrote in.

I am a total newbie to the electronics end of the project. I have just gathered the parts and just now got the LaunchPad and the Microcontroller is M430G2452 will I need to purchase the one in the picture M430G2553 ? I do not think putting it together is an issue but concerned about the programing the chip
I guess one step at a time.. The wireless adaptor is KDF001A and also says X000N747CN thanks ED

You will need the 2553 chip for it to work correctly. When you ordered the launchpad it should have come with two chips in the box. One will be the 2553. Let me know how the build goes. Also Yuri may not respond very fast on his website. Last I talked with him he started working on his masters degree and the dro projects are on the back burner. You will still get a response from him. It just may take some time.

Back