Does my lathe motor need bearings replaced?

Gotta see a picture of the lathe if you have time. :cool:

Yowser is right. She's a beaut! Just look at those tags. US Navy? Wonder if it started out life on a ship?
Is that a 6" (or so) horizontal mill in the background of your picts? (Left side) Or a CNC? Can't quite tell.

Yowser is right. She's a beaut! Just look at those tags. US Navy? Wonder if it started out life on a ship?
Is that a 6" (or so) horizontal mill in the background of your picts? (Left side) Or a CNC? Can't quite tell.

Yep! 2 owners ago apparently bought it off some Navy ship when it was being decommissioned in San Diego, found its way via estate sale up to Oregon as part of a large lot, then sold to me cheap :)

Only the top 3 pictures are in my shop, the ones on the bottom are the place i bought it. My mill is in the background to the right (Green/white striped Powermatic/Burke Millrite). Its manual +DRO +XPowerfeed. I don't really know what that horizontal mill looking thing in the background is, I know there is a giant surface grinder back there, but thats all from the shop I bought this from.

Update without pictures :)

I got it fired back up and the rattle on startup is gone! I ended up just going to VXB.com and getting Nachi bearings, and for $50 found an identical replacement fan. I don't hear any other difference, but at least my lathe is back working!

Back