Dogmeat DRO and carriage stop

Mine is the g4003 without the G. I find the compound more aggravating than useful a lot of the time. I don't use it much for turning. It does help me achieve more travel for cheesy toolholder milling set ups though.

Mine is the g4003 without the G. I find the compound more aggravating than useful a lot of the time. I don't use it much for turning. It does help me achieve more travel for cheesy toolholder milling set ups though.
I have a mill now but this is what I used for milling on my lathe.

DSC_0085.JPG

Funny you should post that. I was just checking out your avatar photo. I don't have the nice angle block, so I used my rotary table with my compound mounted to it. I like the little mill table looking slide you have there. Where was that from and what was it's purpose before you got ahold of it? I'm waiting impatiently for my vertical milling slide from india. Man I tell you what, when I grow up I won't have to buy cheap tooling and wait forever for it.

Funny you should post that. I was just checking out your avatar photo. I don't have the nice angle block, so I used my rotary table with my compound mounted to it. I like the little mill table looking slide you have there. Where was that from and what was it's purpose before you got ahold of it? I'm waiting impatiently for my vertical milling slide from india. Man I tell you what, when I grow up I won't have to buy cheap tooling and wait forever for it.
The milling slide in the above pic (post #22) was my second generation. It uses an angle plate and a single slide table. (Victor Tool I think). In my Avatar is my first generation mill slide that used my lathe compound for the vertical travel. The table was a 3/4 inch plate with a field of 3/8 x 16 holes tapped in it. It worked well but I went to the 2nd generation to free up my compound for tapers. If you look at the spanner wrench I built with this attachment, you can do some decent work if you take your time. This is the spanner I was building in the pic in post #22. Post some pics of your milling gizmo when it arrives from India.

SPANNER WRENCH FITTED TO NUT.JPGDSC_0830.JPGDSC_0831.JPG

Last edited:
Back