Don't leave the key in the lathe chuck

4gsr
I take it that video has made its rounds before?
First I’ve seen it, OUCH

To get a patent one has to show a significant difference or improvement over the old one. Building a better mouse trap so to speak.

"Billy G"

I understand how patents work. I don't see anything new, or better. I think the examiner was asleep when he/she approved that one. Ok, when I went back to see who the examiner is, I see it is still in the application stage.

Not to get off subject, I have three patent certificates hanging on my wall that were issued to me and three others involved. (Really me and one other were the ones involved in the actual design submitted. Other manager/owners had to have their name on the patent, too) One of them, was back in November. Anyways, the first two, we never dreamed we would get them approved and accepted and they were. And like Bill said, it only has to have one minor change to make it different and get issued a patent.
The patent laws are going thru some major changes as we speak. Some of it is law now and some of it is still in work in process. It will make it much harder to get issued a patent on just a minor change in the product. And it gets deeper than that and I'm not up to date on any of the changes being made. And regardless, it takes a patent lawyer who knows the ins and outs to get a application across the line and accepted for review. Oh, and lots of money, too!

Ken

Back