Don't think the Chemo is working anymore

Billh50

RIP 2018
Rest In Peace
Well I have been having some pain the last week and a half. Been bad the last 2 days and been getting blood in my urine. Wife wanted me to go to the docs or hospital. But they won't do anything until Monday anyway. And I see my oncologist Monday morning at 9am. So I guess we will be talking either another Chemo drug (which will be the 5th one) or maybe immunotherapy. That is if it's not too late. Cause I will not live with tubes sticking out of me or bags.

Bummer man, one of my little brothers has been dealing with lymphoma for a few years now and At present is
in check, hope you find something that works for you......

My Dad suffered with Prostrate cancer and I can only imagine on how thing are going for you. I am sure all of this group of friends and members will have you in their prayers. If you need someone to blabber with give me a shout. Sometimes it's nice to just shoot the breeze to get your mind off things. I love watching You Tube when I am a bit down. It's amazing what people can share there. The Hacks of how to do things is fun.
Give me a call and talk shop or fishing, or snow. LOL Having a blizzard here in MN today. I have about 8" on my driveway and more is on the way..lol . 651 338 8141 Rich

20180414_135046.jpg

20180414_134512.jpg

20180414_134458.jpg

Still in my prayers as always. As usual when we think we're turning the corner there's a roadblock. Dear father in heaven haven't we suffered enough , really for me now it's longer then Job did in the bible. My friend here to suffering with Mark right on top of the list. We've asked and begged what more can we do. We're not even expecting full recovery but why must we suffer more even then Jesus your son. Jesus wouldn't want us to suffer so long and so much please help and heal our pains. Amen.

Thanks guys,
I have been living with heart problems since I was 11 years old. Always thought that one day my heart would just stop and that would be it. No pain, just drop. I hate taking pills all together. But this past year that's all I have been doing besides the Chemo. The first type of chemo killed my kidneys. The second type bothered them also. The 3rd type started working to ease the pain but I guess my body got used to it because the pain soon came back. I am on the 4th type and it was working up until the past week or so. Now the pain is worse than it ever was. Friday and Saturday I was getting blood in urine and pain in my back where the left kidney would be. Today no blood but pain is still there. So I am expecting to end up in the hospital Monday after I see my Oncologist. The Oxycodone eases the pain so I take that when it gets bad enough. They gave me Morphine but that just makes me want to sleep all the time so I don't take that. I definitely wasn't expecting a lot of pain before the end comes.

I am an odd duck but I know what works for me. When needing meds for pain I like to mix it up on a regular basis. A typical regimen for pain would be one hydrocodone or oxy at 8 am, couple ibuprofen at 10 or 11, a tramadol a couple or 3 hours later, then start the cycle over again. Doing it this way I am hitting the pain with a different agent every few hours, but using small doses. After I get ahead of the pain a bit, I can cut down to half pills of oxy and tramadol. If you are going to do pain relievers on a regular or semi regular basis, a stool softener is recommended to ease constipation. I have a friend who starts the day with morphine and then takes half pills of tramadol every few hours and one morphine pill gets him thru the day and he can actually get something done. No sense being in excruciating pain if you don't have to is my motto. I hope you get some relief.

Bill,

Sorry to hear all this. There's not much more I can say other than I'm hoping the best for you.

Ray C.

Bill,

Sorry to hear all this. There's not much more I can say other than I'm hoping the best for you.

Ray C.
Same goes for me Bill,I can't begin to imagine what it's like to be in your shoes but I can still hope for better days ahead.

Bill my friend, I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm still hopeful the Dr's. news is good.

Bill I will pray for you. My sister in law has breast cancer and I know what she is going through so my thoughts are with you. All I can say is God knows what he is doing even though we don't always understand it. I had a huge bike accident about 9 years ago and had to stop working at age 32,but God opend another door for me and now I work from home and are happier than I have ever been working for someone else. I still have to get knee and hip replacement surgery in the future and walk kinda funny and take tramadol daily, I will never be rich, but the future I thought was going to be very dark,had light at the end of the day. So please don't give up on God or yourself. Good luck my friend.

Michael.

Back