Don't think the Chemo is working anymore

Cancer is a terrible disease. I've watched several people suffer from it. Some pass away, others fight like hell. My dad had prostate cancer. They caught it early and he's okay now. My mom is the inspiration for my life. Double mastectomy, chemo, radiation and all the pain that goes with it. Never once did she cry or have self pity. She fought like hell. I don't know you or your particular situation, but never give up. If the good Lord calls you home, go out swinging. I pray that you can find the help that you need. I pray for your healing, and that you can find peace. I also pray for your family. Never give up.

Well it's official. The chemo isn't working anymore. Have to get a Pet-scan on 24th then see the oncologist 26th to figure out if we are going to try another chemo drug or immunotherapy. In the meantime I will be taking oxycodone for the pain. But that's ok cause the warmer weather won't be here til after that anyway.

Bill be sure to stay with stool softeners and miralax, I've just gone thru an extremely painful intestinal obstruction. After only a week or two of morphine and that I didn't take full dosage , I even was pushing the stool softeners and miralax plus pill laxatives. Four days and no feeling of having to go before I went thru six hours of digging and pushing my guts out. I had problems with the oxy but nothing like this . I'm never taking morphine again. Going thru some cold turkey after effects but that's nothing compared to what I went thru two nights ago.
Drs offering a script to help but I'm not ever going back on morphine.

Bill be sure to stay with stool softeners and miralax, I've just gone thru an extremely painful intestinal obstruction. After only a week or two of morphine and that I didn't take full dosage , I even was pushing the stool softeners and miralax plus pill laxatives. Four days and no feeling of having to go before I went thru six hours of digging and pushing my guts out. I had problems with the oxy but nothing like this . I'm never taking morphine again. Going thru some cold turkey after effects but that's nothing compared to what I went thru two nights ago.
Drs offering a script to help but I'm not ever going back on morphine.
I went through that in hospital after 2 weeks not going, If you know what I mean. So know what that is like. Morphine is good when you need it butt.........

I haven't had a problem with the Oxy yet. But do keep watch for constipation. When I first started this last cheno drug it gave me constipation fir a couple days right after receiving. So I know what you guys mean.

I went through that in hospital after 2 weeks not going, If you know what I mean. So know what that is like. Morphine is good when you need it butt.........
Been thru it myself first in 1979 after the three spinal operations nice nurse dug it out ,,fun,,. But I've had it a couple times in the last three years but this one was way high up and took four days getting low enough to move it. And never where I couldn't pass it till the other night.

I haven't had a problem with the Oxy yet. But do keep watch for constipation. When I first started this last cheno drug it gave me constipation fir a couple days right after receiving. So I know what you guys mean.
Does taking Oxy help or is it just blocking some of the pain? is there a limit per day that no matter what you can't go over ?

It blocks the pain like any other pain med. just a bit stronger. I suppose there is a limit but I try not to take it unless I have to. I hate taking any meds. right now just sitting here on my donut it hurts. But I try to handle it without meds unless it gets worse or when it's time for bed. I need to take an oxy to ease the pain enough I can get to sleep at night. I know the pain will get worse as the tumor grows so want to try and get used to some pain so I don't have to rely on the meds as much.

Bill, it sounds wise the way you take your pain meds, I mean by waiting until you really need it you won't (hopefully) need higher dosage in the near future.
It must be hard to watch the world around you keeps moving on when time is near standstill for you. I hope you have enough patience to get through this bout and soon you can get back to your shop and do what you really like to do.

There's no getting use to it , just staying ahead of it is a fight , keeping time for meds or fentanyl patches . The patch they'll pay for up to fifteen a month . They say they last three days not for me unless I take the zombie dose. I use 50 mcg every two days it will last longer if you don't move much. Don't let the pain get to the YA cant stand no more stage . Take them as listed till they figure out how to help . No use suffering but do use miralax and softeners . With each meal will do a good job. No pun implied

Back