Double Action 1911

I’m thinking of getting one of these were you able to come up with dimensions for your build

Howdy folks, Im in a bit of a bind. I accidently got my hands on what I was told was an 80% single action frame but is in fact a 60% double action frame. Instead of causing issues I figured "heck, I dont have one, lets start building". And then I started searching. And searching. And searching. So far Ive found reviews and pictures, but not a single drawing, blueprint, schematic, even internals picture. If anyone here could be kind enough to help, I would be greatly appreciative.

There was a DA Browning High Power as well which would have some similarities. Sold as the Browning BDA and FN HP-DA.

As to the SA / DA debate why they made them is quite simple, people wanted to buy them.

So I finally got a hold of someone who was useful at Sarco and I was told to ship it back since they had shipped me the wrong thing. I now have my double stack, single action p14/13 frame. Ill definately be posting pics as I go along the build.
How did the build go? Were you able to find dimensions for the frame? I'm looking at the para-LPA from Sarco, but hesitant since no internet info can be found on frame dimensions...

DA/SA 1911 pattern pistols have been around for years.
Para-Ordinance and Colt had the Double Eagle.

Abominations, all of them. If John Browning had wanted the 1911 to be DA, he would have designed it that way.

Oh, and will you please take Piers Morgan back and choke him with a bag of hammers?
John Browning wanted the 1911 to be a double stack, but the military specification was for a single stack.
He designed the Hi-Power for FN without the same constraint

Back