down right disgusting

What a shame, not to the injuree but for Ryobi. They sell a product that has safety features designed into it, warning labels everywhere and someone gets hurt with it. It's not Ryobi's fault yet they lost.

Any common sense anymore?

Yep. No matter how hard we work to idiot proof the world, nature is going to produce bigger idiots. I don't understand what happened to self responsibility. Far too many people believe they have no part in their own safety, care, support, etc and the courts are going along with their thinking. Down right sad.

Dave

what's next? everyone sue because anti lock breaks were not on their car?

btw.I have tried the blade stop saw...nothing like a face full of aluminum and carbide tips flying at you suddenly because it sensed the moisture in the wood

what's next? everyone sue because anti lock breaks were not on their car?

btw.I have tried the blade stop saw...nothing like a face full of aluminum and carbide tips flying at you suddenly because it sensed the moisture in the wood

And your out $70 every time it happens. But still, your gonna keep 10 fingers.

culling the herd im tellin ya. . . that's the only way !

You are out the cost of the brake AND the cost of the blade. And,you have to use their dado head,AND buy the special brake for their dado head.

I bought one for work as I had a new employee who was not experienced with machinery. I thought the Saw Stop was a PITA to operate. If everything wasn't just right,the thing wouldn't start. Of course,I wasn't there long enough to get used to using the new saw as I retired,and we didn't use the saw every day. I'm still using my 1964 10" Clausing at home. I bought it new. A very smooth running saw.

We have seen this coming,where EVERYONE is going to be forced to buy the Saw Stop invention. And,it's going to greatly increase the cost of the saws,too. The Saw Stop guy is going to get incredibly rich.

1/2 the problem is that most of the judges have no idea about this stuff. Power tools are inherently dangerous. All those safety guards that come on the new table saws and miter saws are nothing but a PITA to work around. They obscure the view, and IMO adds to the danger. I usually take them off or don't put them on the saw because it affects the quality of my work when I can't see the mark I'm supposed to cut on.

Spinning blades and rotating cutting tools are inherently dangerous, certain people have no business even touching certain power tools. PERIOD. Always be aware of where your fingers are and use common sense. If you don't feel that you have the knowledge to use such a thing, stay the hell away, and go take a class first.

I've been working with saws of all kinds since I was 14 years old and learned under the tutelage of my father. I still have all my fingers 35 years after first using a saw. I've been bitten once or twice, and got lucky both times. Both times happened because I was in a hurry and decided to take a short cut.:phew: Even the best of craftsmen can still get bitten in a moment of carelessness or bad circumstance. It's the nature of playing with things that can kill or maim.

Marcel

egg zackly ...xalky

another one is football player lawsuit for brain injury...the place is going to hell..

Back