DP-220 question

astjp2

Active User
Registered
So I have a project DP-220 delta drill press that I acquired, it is missing the lock for the head to the column, there are several options available, can anyone identify which one I need or if I need both to build up a complete? I also need to replace the spindle bearings, they are ratchety and I know there is a supplier, he rebuilds the spindle for $135.00 I must have worked for a big company for too long, I actually think that it is a fair price.
So I am attaching a copy of the parts manual and pics of the 2 different styles of locks...so do I need item #27 from the manual? Thanks Tim

Attachments

• DP220 lock1.jpg
    DP220 lock1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DP220 lock2.jpg
    DP220 lock2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 11
  • dp220parts.pdf
    124.7 KB · Views: 4
If you have reasons to move the head often, the second one would be best.
For a conventional application with your table doing most of the positioning, go with the first one.
Of course, the second has universal application and is probably the same type used to clamp your table.

WARNING: The cap on the other side of the quill handle has a big spring. Yesterday a DP 400 spring blew up and cut my forehead. And then hit my friend's head. It was so fast I couldn't blink.

Lock 2 should have a coresponding hex in the casting to stop the nut from turning.

WARNING: The cap on the other side of the quill handle has a big spring. Yesterday a DP 400 spring blew up and cut my forehead and then hit my friend's head. It was so fast I couldn't blink.
Yea, I learned many of my things "the hard way" also.

Back