Drawbar info needed - busy bee B096 milling machine

Grizzlygrogger

Registered
Registered
Hey!

Included is a pic of a busy bee B096 (pic is off the web, but its just like mine)
I bought it & just now realized that there isnt a drawbar included in the sale. Im trying to inquire if he still has it, but hes not getting back to me as frequently anymore, go figure.

Its MT3 & most of the tooling looks as if its 3/8" - 16. I havent measured the inner diameter of the spindle but also dont know what specs most drawbars to work best.

Im sure I can fabricate one, but is there somewhere to purchase an after market draw bar for this type of mill? If so where? Ive been searching and cant find any info & most drawbars I find are for other models & busy bee only offers a replacement R8 drawbar.

I have a lathe for the fabrication if thats the only way. But Im new to all this also & would rather purchase one while Im still setting up my shop & have some down time. After the fun of getting it down to the basement,, the last thing i want is the knowledge that its no use, hehe.

thanks in advance...
Pete

B096_mill.JPEG

B096_mill.JPEG

Bit of an edit.
In case it doesn't show,, I'm new. Just talked to the seller & some of these units didn't have draw bars.
I've been referencing RF-30 clones & the B1977 which all seem to have the draw bar (or chuck arbor bolt?)

If anyone can collaborate this info, that'd be great!
Right now the process for changing tools on this unit seems more like smashing things in and out with a hammer...

thanks!

Pretty sure there should be a drawbar. Easy to make one up. Start with a piece of all thread to fit your collets, measure suitable length and make one up. I would use drill rod. Thread one end, put a hex on the other with a fairly thick washer.

Pretty sure youll find the thread is 7/16-20 and replacement bars are plentiful and pretty cheap (if they will ship to Canada) Heres a whole bunch of them at Enco, probably more than one would work, may have to cut off some threads (they are usually to long anyway)

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INLMK3?PMK0NO=1477115

Back