Drawing Dimensions in Fusion360

No Linux application :-(. I really dislike Windows, but sometimes one is left with no choice because of misguided developers. Will Fusion 360 run in an emulator decently? Specifically Virtualbox. zuhnc

I have read a bit here and downloaded Fusion 360 as Sketchup wasn't doing it for me, as it seems more for buildings and landscaping. Fusion 360 is definitely more along the lines of designing metal parts/machines. My problem, though, is it doesn't seem to be able to have dimensions in a 3D drawing, and as you know, this is of utmost importance for a machinist.
How do you guys use Fusion 360 and get dimensions displayed in the drawing? Do you just create two 2D views of your object in the drawing, perpendicular to each other?

Thanks,
Chris
PS, I am a beginner with any CAD so don't know what I don't know.
Hey Torquin, I came here looking for the same answer. I printed my file thinking all specs would be on there, as you know, it's just a simple picture from whatever angle i chose for it to show. I'd really like to see the measurements like a blue print. Did you ever get this worked out?

Hey Torquin, I came here looking for the same answer. I printed my file thinking all specs would be on there, as you know, it's just a simple picture from whatever angle i chose for it to show. I'd really like to see the measurements like a blue print. Did you ever get this worked out?

Are you creating a drawing of your part/assembly? A drawing is a separate entity from those that it represents. Once you have a drawing, you may place views of the part and then add dimension indicators to those views.

I have only made the 3-d rendering, then turned it into a drawing. That drawing only shows a simple 2-d drawing with no other info.

Are you creating a drawing of your part/assembly? A drawing is a separate entity from those that it represents. Once you have a drawing, you may place views of the part and then add dimension indicators to those views.
Sorry, meant to reply, not a new post..
I have only made the 3-d rendering, then turned it into a drawing. That drawing only shows a simple 2-d drawing with no other info. Do I have to create as a drawing? There isn’t a way to import and it will include dimensions?

You have to add the dimensions to that drawing. You can also add other views and dimensions if you have room.

Back