Drill Bit Sharpening Jig Plans

I see! I am not a subscriber to HSM, though I have considered it a few times. I may just have to inquire about purchasing the appropriate back issues and trying a one year subscription while I am at it. I checked out their article index and found that the two issues are Jan-Feb 2012 and Mar-Apr 2012 (for those that might be interested).

ON EDIT: Bad news fellas: The Jan-Feb 2012 issue is no longer available on the back issues page. It must have been a popular issue!

That was why it took the publisher a month to locate the first issue for me. I was surprised they bothered for just 1 issue. I had given up when I got an email from her that she found one for me. Just charged the normal price for the issue also.

I am also in the process of building the four facet drill grinder that Gadget Builder designed. I got the plans from a back issue I got from HSM and xerox copy of the 1st article also obtained from HSM. let me know if you would like help obtaining a copy of these plans.

The Tormek drill sharpening accessory for their grinder looks pretty good and you can use it for other sharpening needs. Looks versatile although a bit pricey. Looks very well made. I think it's from Sweden.

I am also in the process of building the four facet drill grinder that Gadget Builder designed. I got the plans from a back issue I got from HSM and xerox copy of the 1st article also obtained from HSM. let me know if you would like help obtaining a copy of these plans.

That old be very helpful.
Elmp

I've got a large stack of HSM's from pre-2000 going back to the 1980's - if that's any help.

Hi Brian, I got the Mar/Apr 2012 issue of HSM from the publisher Village Press Inc (1-800-447-7367). It has the part 2 of the article. The Jan/Feb issue is not available but they sent me a xerox copy of the part 1 article. If you can not get the articles from them, I will mail you a copy. Just let me know.
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Hi Mike, Gadgetbuilder and everyone!

I am the "Brian" that PM'ed member "Getaway" about the plans. I only asked his secret for getting both parts since part 2 does not appear on their back issues page. He made it clear that Village Press (the HSM publisher) themselves sent him a photocopy of part 2 with his order of the issue for part 1. I am going the same route.

To be clear, we are NOT trying to violate any copyright!

-brino

Back