Drill Bit Sharpening Jig Plans

Elmo

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know where I can find plans or a book for building a drill sharpening jig? I did some searching on this site but didn't find anything. I must not be using the right terms.
Elmo

Are you talking about for use with a bench grinder?

Yes that is what I am looking for. Btw I was stationed ar Chanute AFB in 1969 for tech school. Electronic tech for Hound Dog missles.
Elmo

Although it's not homemade, those cheap pot metal jigs work pretty well with a little bit of practice.

I like my drill doctor. It works pretty good and isn't to pricy.

I just spent a half an hour looking for an article I had read recently about drill bit sharpening. I did not find it! :frown:

Anyway, from my (known faulty) memory, they compared a Drill Doctor against the older "side of the grinding wheel" type like this:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32965&cat=1,43072,43086

The reviewer started out believing the Drill Doctor would do a better job, but then by the end of the review was leaning toward the grinding guide.

I have never used either one of those so cannot add my voice.

I too would be interested in seeing plans.......but there is no way I could make one for less than the link above......and I am sure they could be had cheaper...that was just a vendor that I knew carried it.

-brino

Thanks for the link, that jig looks interesting. I probably will get one to try.
Grizzely sells one that looks to be the same.
Elmo

Last edited:
Back