[Source] Drill Chuck Arbors

Thanks chevydyl , I'll try wedges and a collar first , they could be stuck pretty good as the arbors are rust pitted , Ben spraying blaster on them , might try some oven heat.
Also what are u all using to cut the shanks ?.
Derrick

Abrasives cut them, like a 5inch angle grinder with a cut off disc

And I would take the chuck apart unless it is brand new, to inspect the inside and rough up the jaws and hood to be certain that it locks the bits good

Got the arbors out of small Albrecht chucks , I drilled hole in scrap 3/16 X 1" strap drilled .570 hole , slid over arbor clamped arbor in vice hard ,used wedges between vice jaws and strap , a couple good raps with hammer on wedge and pop , they all looked real good in the taper. Waiting on arbors to cut up now:eek:. On to aloris AXA t bolt mount I'll start a new thread for that one.
Thanks
Derrick

I'll have to investigate the disassembly of them but I'll try to go thru them while waiting on new arbors ,thanks Chevydyl

It's easy,just cut a piece of mdf square and bore a hole the size of the area behind the knurled part of the hub and cut a slit in it so you can clamp the heck out of it in the vise, then using a pipe wrench with some SOFT metal to wrap around the knurled hood, loosen, it should be very tight, then the rest is pretty easy

Back