Drill hog discount

I received my set of drill bits. I don’t know for sure about the origin of the bits. But I can say that they are a high quality bit that have served me very well and have been happy since the first purchase 4yrs ago. All the bits are finely ground, coatings are perfect and every box/index is a genuine Hout index.
I can’t think of one other tooling manufacturer that gives you a lifetime warranty on consumables!
06D6F935-7945-4694-8E39-69327947F4E3.jpeg

As far as I know if you have a bit that is defective and you want to get it replaced under their "life time"warranty, you still need to send the bit back to them, they do not settle the matter with a few pictures or a short video.

I bought their silver and Deming set a while back and frankly wasn't impressed with their overall quality ( Made in China , nothing special) but since their price was good at the time , , after a year or so I noticed the shaft of one of the bits (3/4") had a slight bend, unfortunately the cost of shipping the old one back was so high that wasn't worth the trouble , I was better off buying the same quality/size from Aliexpress for about the same price as shipping the old one back to DRill hog.

I have a 29 piece Drill Hog set, not carbide but the harder than HSS type (word is slipping my mind). It is unclear of their origin, appear to be USA made, but regardless they are very nice drill bits. Only thing is I have found I can get definite USA made from Norseman and others for about the same price. I also have a 1-60 number set of HSS bits from Norseman that was very similar in price to the Drill Hog options.

That sale was definately a good deal though.

Sent Drill Hog an email asking where their bits are made just to find out.
They replied shortly after, “Our drill bit sets are made in the USA with domestic and global materials.” I think someone posted the same thing some time back.
I didn’t cry when I bought mine, and haven’t cried since. Will probably purchase more as the need arises.

Chuck

I have a couple sets of these and a few big singles. Very good quality. Not cheap, but ya gets what ya pay for, mostly.
otherwise CLE-line or Cleveland for me. For cheaper hand drill bits, the DeWalt drills are surprisingly good.

Interesting wording.
I notice careful word choices like this too. This could mean they were produced in China and sharpened in the US. Could be more US but who knows. I also prefer to use a known US producer for stuff I’ll use a lot. I have plenty of Harbor Freight for occasional use items, but I’ll stick with US or European for things I rely on.
I like my KnKut and Norseman bits and their country of origin is simply “made in USA”.

It wasn’t my intention to turn this thread into a CoO discussion but it’s interesting to see the responses.

Back