Drill hog discount

Sent Drill Hog an email asking where their bits are made just to find out.
They replied shortly after, “Our drill bit sets are made in the USA with domestic and global materials.” I think someone posted the same thing some time back.
I didn’t cry when I bought mine, and haven’t cried since. Will probably purchase more as the need arises.

Chuck

Interesting wording.

I thought it was common knowledge that Drill Hog was a china importer. I've got a killer tip, if a drill bit is made in USA, it will be absolutely, unequivocally, guaranteed to be marked with those three letters on the shank. The Cleveland Steel symbol counts as USA...

But those bits don't come from a foundry in Cleveland, they come from Shenzen. I think DH is proud of their quality specs, and I won't argue that decent chinese made tools exist when they have tight arrangements with the distributor.

If I buy twenty four different drill bits from China, and put them in a box with American name on it from my barn in Montana, then I have assembled a product in the USA with domestic and global materials.

I don't like obfuscation of the truth; it's dishonest. I don't do business with dishonest people.

Ok, I caught the wording when I read it. But I have a habit of trusting someone’s word (and expect the same from them) until reason arises not to.
Thanks John for the tip.

Chuck

Back