Drill Press Table Rotation Lock

AB2ZI

Registered
Registered
I have a Jet drill press. The horizontal locking pin that's supposed to register the table at 90 degrees to the spindle is of course not (90 degrees/level) so I always reset it with a square and some round stock in the chuck.
Here's my problem: When I get the table square to the spindle and try to lock it down the 3/4" bolt grabs the table and rotates it. How can I prevent this? Washer?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kevin

First off I would take the locking bolt completely out. Look at the surface where the bolt head hit. It is probably ripped up enough to grab the table and move it upon tightening. Clean it up and add a washer and all should be well again.

"Billy G"

Get the table aligned to where you are happy. Then get a taper pin reamer and kiss the locating pin hole with the reamer. Clean it up just enough so the new taper pin will locate…Dave.

First off I would take the locking bolt completely out. Look at the surface where the bolt head hit. It is probably ripped up enough to grab the table and move it upon tightening. Clean it up and add a washer and all should be well again.

"Billy G"

OK, will give that a try first...

Kevin

Washer did the trick nicely. Thanks for the feedback.

Kevin

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together. The washer will continue to work because the bolt head can no longer dig into the table mount when tightened

"Billy G"

Back