Drill press to cheap mill conversion.

Glad you dropped the drill project. It takes a stubborn man to push forward into so much adversity. I wanted to say the same before you bought the mill, but you were slotted deep into your track and nothing anyone said would sway you. Well, in hindsight, I say you dodged a bullet. A tubing notcher is a much better purpose for a cheap drill press. So is countersinking/deburring and other second ops that don't require counting thousandths.

Glad you dropped the drill project. It takes a stubborn man to push forward into so much adversity. I wanted to say the same before you bought the mill, but you were slotted deep into your track and nothing anyone said would sway you. Well, in hindsight, I say you dodged a bullet. A tubing notcher is a much better purpose for a cheap drill press. So is countersinking/deburring and other second ops that don't require counting thousandths.
Many have gone before you and many will follow behind. I have a nice Chinese drill press with angular contact bearings, a homemade CNC mill/drill, and an RF30 clone. Each one taught me something and I'm grateful for the lessons.

John

Back