Drill press vise casting kit ???

Did you received your kit from O'Keefe? I ordered from them as well, but ultimately my order was later declined and my money refunded. I also noticed that their web site appears to be closed to public access...(?)
Nope. I ordered on 3/25, they created a shipping label on 3/27 and that was the last I heard from them. I got no response to phone calls or emails either. I'll give them 1 more week, then I'll take it up with paypal or my credit card company.

I ordered on the 27th, and never received anything, or heard anything from them after repeated emails and calls that were never answered. I have a case open through PayPal right now.

I have the same results with okeefe castings. I placed a order and never received a shipping conformation. I have a case open with PayPal now also.

Take care,
Keith

I was able to get someone on the phone there on 4/19. The guy seemed frazzled already at 9am. He took my information and said it would ship on 4/19 or 4/20. I'll give them till 4/27 for it to arrive before I file a claim.

Those Mr. Pete videos got 20,000+ views. I think a tiny company got swamped.

I was able to get someone on the phone there on 4/19. The guy seemed frazzled already at 9am. He took my information and said it would ship on 4/19 or 4/20. I'll give them till 4/27 for it to arrive before I file a claim.

Those Mr. Pete videos got 20,000+ views. I think a tiny company got swamped.

Any updates? I'm assuming since nothing more has been posted, that you were unsuccessful in getting a casting(?). By your description, that's the same guy that took my info, and promised a reply (I got nothing until emailing Karrie Stallings)...

Nothing. I'll finish the dispute with paypal when I get a chance to sit in front of the computer instead of my phone.

I also emailed Ms. Stallings and did not get a response.

I've got a claim in with PayPal now.

Has anyone here gotten one of these kits?

Just a update. Paypal refunded the money. From looking at the claim I don't think the seller ever responded. Oh well, I was looking forward to making the vise.

Keith

I just tried to look at the website and the link won't work for me. Did they close up shop?

The website closed a couple weeks after we all ordered our kits I believe.

I also got refunded after opening a case through PayPal.

I did search O’Keefe casting company, and found some information that would appear to indicate it’s a legitimate business, and has been around since 1962. But it’s listed as a place that does aluminum castings, while the website we all used didn’t mention anything like that.

Since this thread was labeled as such, I also tried to order a machine vise casting from college engineering supply in the UK. It took about 2 weeks for them to reply by email that they no longer offer the kit #565. So that ones a no go also, for anyone still trying. They may have others. Their reply didn’t say so. But you may spend a lot of time waiting for a reply from them to find out.

Back