Drill shank repair

If... my "system of drills" allows my Drill Doctor to define its tip concentricity, would I not be well served by finding a way to use exactly that same chuck to locate/position the other end of the drill bit to grind the flats?

If... my "system of drills" allows my Drill Doctor to define its tip concentricity, would I not be well served by finding a way to use exactly that same chuck to locate/position the other end of the drill bit to grind the flats?
Sure, that would work well, just need a way to hold the drill holder properly for the job. I like that idea, partly because I have a DD750. Let's see where we can go with it.

Last edited:
What size drills do you need? I have a small bag of drill bits with good shanks that just need to be resharpened.
You can have them. PM if interested. Just cover the postage and they're all yours.

What size drills do you need? I have a small bag of drill bits with good shanks that just need to be resharpened.
You can have them. PM if interested. Just cover the postage and they're all yours.

That is incredibly good and generous of you. Thank you... turns out I have 20# of drills to process myself but instead, let me offer this. If you see me post that I grew a good process for this, send me those drills and I'll fix em for you and send them back. Thank you again.

CW

Sure, that would work well, just need a way to hold the drill holder properly for the job. I like that idea, partly because I have a DD750. Let's see where we can go with it.

I have some thoughts I'm going to experiment with though it'll be slowly. I'll keep you posted if I think something useful up.

Back