Drive Plate Identification

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I was using my drive plate a few months ago & got me wondering again. Not that it matters much but I've always wondered what it was from (like make & model lathe). I've never seen another one like it. I got it from ebay like 8-9 yrs ago. Was listed as NOS & it did look unused when I got it so I assume that's the original paint. About 9" dia IIRC, D1-4 camlock, cast iron. The only markings it had on it was "1850 RPM Max" stamped on the face. Does anyone recognize it? Thanks

Img_9135.jpg

Looks like a well built plate Will . Nice and thick . As I far as what I can tell you about it .

Looks to about 9" in diameter , cast iron with original paint D1-4 mount and most likely has a max rpm rating of about 1850 .

Guess ya knew that already though . ;) Looks like a keeper whoever made it !!!

Gee, thanks Dave! bashtroll.gifgaah.gifhaha.gif

I was hoping maybe you of all people might have recognized it!

That was a good one! I was reading your second sentence & was like " wait a darn tootin' minute....!" I literally laughed out loud!

LOL . At first glance , it reminded me of a TOS that we had for the cylindrical grinders . I'm not sure they made a D1-4 mount but who knows ? Either way , it's a nice looking plate . :encourage:

I googled TOS lathe drive plates and this came up . If it is a TOS , it's top shelf stuff . The tool and die shop I worked at back then didn't skimp on any tooling . :encourage:

Look familiar ?

Look familiar ?

If you meant the drive plate in that video, um no, but I only skimmed through the video, not sure if there was something else I missed.

But that fellow is familiar. He used to be a member here. His account got messed up due to an IP add-on we used to have. His account got merged with his friends & couldn't be fixed. He never really came back after that. I don't blame him, I wouldn't have either. Felt sorry for him, he seemed to be a good active member before that happened.

Huh ? ……….the wrong vid came up for some reason . :dunno: There was one on youtube that looked similar to yours . I'll have to find it again , and I'm almost out of here for the night . 8 hrs is half a night for me , and no workin tomorrow night . I need a night off in 3 weeks .

Ooh! excitableboy.gif

Googling now

My google fu is not working good today. :frown:

But this came up when I searched "TOS lathe drive plate". Now that looks familiar! ;)

247104-487278812b232d0709fbb105c85410ab.jpg

Back