DRO but Which One?

Greg I been looking Aliexpress,what model did you go with and did you upgrade I guess the reader from uf.005 to uf.001?Guessing that the .001 reads faster to keep up with the display

I bought my Easson DRO on AliExpress (follow link) I am very happy with it. Glass scales are accurate and problem free if you mount them properly.

This is the one I bought.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...801.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.618a4c4dZNuRhK

The .005 mm scales are all you need for a mill, thats .0002 inch resolution. Actually too sensitive, wish I could set it to 1/2 thou.
As Eddy said the glass scales have been pretty much problem free for me. Did have a wire break on the Fagor scale mounted on the compound of my Summit lathe but it gets lots of abuse where its mounted. Actually took the reader apart and resolder the wire, was a lot like doing brain surgery on a cat.

Greg

You answered your own question in the first post, a 2 axis dro for $300.00-$500.00

There is nothing difficult about this decision, buy what you are willing to pay for, you have no other choice.

Also stop banging your head watching noobTube videos, most of the posters have a financial relationship with the products that they hawk, it is a job for many people.

Greg I been looking Aliexpress,what model did you go with and did you upgrade I guess the reader from uf.005 to uf.001?Guessing that the .001 reads faster to keep up with the display

I agree, I don’t think upgrading to 1 micron scales is necessary. When I inquired about the cost it just seemed so reasonable compared to what DRO pros charged and I went for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The below option is pretty cheap and would get you a small readout. You can connect them to a DRO readout if you want, or just use as is for a very low cost option. Go to CDCO at cdcotools.com then click on the DRO systems at the top, and scroll to the bottom of the DRO page. It depends on the cross slide travel and the length between centers but you could get something for under $200 without the remote readout screen. Then buy the screen and cables at a later date if you decide you need it. I have been thinking about going this route.

I too was not willing to put big money into a well used Bridgeport.
I went with Igaging. 3 axis.

279FCA83-5859-4F29-9CC9-453D06BB92C2.jpeg

Janderson could you post couple pics of your scales,do you have a guard over the scales?I had an Igage few yrs ago and the magnetic strip got oil on it then come off the aluminum piece.

Janderson could you post couple pics of your scales,do you have a guard over the scales?I had an Igage few yrs ago and the magnetic strip got oil on it then come off the aluminum piece.
I had 3 of the Igaging absolutes and had the same problem. Started getting errors and the magnet strips de-laminated from the stainless. I relaced it with a Blue tooth dro from LMS using Yui's Touch dro.

Roy

Back