DRO for my mill

I have a 8530 Clausing mill and id like to put a digital readout on it.
I also have a 8530 and am considering a DRO. Please post up when you get it installed!

@macardoso when you order it what happens you talk to the buyer on what you want?

I messaged the seller through the messaging portal before I ordered to specify what I wanted. He confirmed back to me what I wanted and provided a link to order. It was different from what I stated I wanted but he did that to get the price correct. He knew my order based on our chat conversation and the correct items arrived.

@jcp i will when i can i prob wont get it done till summer but im just shopping around.

@DavidR8 thats awesome. I guess i need to get an idea how much travel my mill moves then. I was thinking i was going to have to do all of that with the scales.

@macardoso okay maybe i will try that first with contacting them. I have never used that webpage to buy things before.

This is what I put on my mill. Specifically the YH800-3.
What I really like about it is the LCD display. It's menu driven so using the functions is pretty easy.
I put the same one on my mill. Ordered off of Amazon. Even managed to trim down 2 of the scales without issue. Seems to be working very well.

@jcp i will when i can i prob wont get it done till summer but im just shopping around.

@DavidR8 thats awesome. I guess i need to get an idea how much travel my mill moves then. I was thinking i was going to have to do all of that with the scales.

@macardoso okay maybe i will try that first with contacting them. I have never used that webpage to buy things before.

I just recently tried AliExpress for the first time and was skeptical at first. Everything I ordered turned out OK and the prices are good. The cheap inserts and stuff like that I got took forever to arrive but did eventually show up. DRO was shipped on a better service and came quickly. Read a lot of forum posts about the site and felt comfortable enough since a lot of people had decent experiences.

I mean **** @DeanB i would literally pay someone to make these up for me and try and get them cheaper. I hate shopping around for prices sometimes lol. I tried looking on amazon really quick but amazon was pretty expensive.

Now my question is if i got scales made. Can i buy any readout i want

Now my question is if i got scales made. Can i buy any readout i want
In theory you could but I don't know that I'd go the route of mixing and matching.

In theory you could but I don't know that I'd go the route of mixing and matching.
Ok i was just curious bc i was thinking to maybe buy scales cut down already and then get the digital readout that is new from aliexpress

Back