DRO for Vertical Mill or Lathe - Info & experiences

The Panel on the Easson is nicely laid out. Better than the others.
Personally I'd prefer the old 'click' style buttons of the Mito like the old computer keyboards, but they are all membrane style now.
Will have to get TouchDRO then I'll just have to deal with my fat/flat fingers.

I've got a bunch of Aluminum angle & plate to put to use, sheet metal for guards, not so much...

EDIT: Pulled the trigger at midnight EST. Now to start marking down the days. And perhaps clean out around the mill so I can mount it.
Boy dealing with Aliexpress checkout was a Joy - not...
Took (6) attempts and two cards after Paypal failed.
Wilson @ Siton responded quickly to PM's sent through Aliexpress.

Would anyone want to double check my numbers before I order? I truly really don't want to mess this up cause of a bad math day.
I'm assuming they want the 'L' dimension when ordering. So:
950mm for 'X'
350mm for 'Y'
450mm for 'Z'
........................................ Thanks, _Dan

1517954968100.png

Last edited:
Well, so much for a decent delivery time... Ordered on the 7th, and they weren't able to fulfill it before the 'Spring Festival' started... *SIGH*
I thought that a week would have been plenty of time for them to ship it out. Appears that the Holiday started on the 15th.
Note to self: Must take into consideration Chinese New Year/Spring Festival holiday when ordering around February. . .
Code:
Wilson Huang: Dear, Dan
Thanks for the order.
Now our Chinese is having China Spring Festival holiday, the shipping company, customs office and our company all stopped working.
Sorry we have to ship after holiday, we have the product in stock, once holiday finish which will takes 10-12 days, we will send out as soon as possible.
Thanks for the support.
Best regards,
Wilson

That explains why I haven't heard back after asking a question. No big deal.

LOL mine was held up over Christmas and New years. Any excuse for a holiday.

Greg

Mine came in about 2 1/2 weeks, which was fine with me because I am not in any hurry to install it. The mill is completely usable as is, and warmer weather is coming...

Placed an order for a DRO on 2/2/18, received an email stating it would be delivered during the period 2/5/18 and 2/8/18. Received another email saying it would arrive on 2/12/18. It did around 5:00 pm which is typical for UPS in this area. Packages were in good condition.
Started thinking like a machinist: precision accurate equipment should be installed with the fewest components and be the most rigid; so the X axis power feed is going to be moved since it is an adjustable anyway. The X axis read out scale will go on the front of the table..
Have a good day
Ray

I am also ruminating on just how to install the scales. I will not be letting any of the current features of the mill become disabled or made inconvenient, like table hard stops, power feed soft stops, axis locks, etc. I will not allow any travel to be lost in any axis. At the same time that I am adding the DRO, I will also be adding Y axis chip guard way covers and planning how to install a Servo Y axis power feed, which I have, but need to clean up first and design the mounting to a machine it was not meant to fit on (Millrite.) Nothing will be allowed to interfere with anything else. I about have it in my mind now how to achieve it all. Flimsy mounting and poor protection of the scales will not be allowed. The proof will be in the final results. At some point I need to stop thinking, talking and listening and get to work. Pretty soon, but not without a complete plan...

Last edited:
Well, so much for a decent delivery time... Ordered on the 7th, and they weren't able to fulfill it before the 'Spring Festival' started... *SIGH*
I thought that a week would have been plenty of time for them to ship it out. Appears that the Holiday started on the 15th.
Note to self: Must take into consideration Chinese New Year/Spring Festival holiday when ordering around February. . .
Code:
Wilson Huang: Dear, Dan
Thanks for the order.
Now our Chinese is having China Spring Festival holiday, the shipping company, customs office and our company all stopped working.
Sorry we have to ship after holiday, we have the product in stock, once holiday finish which will takes 10-12 days, we will send out as soon as possible.
Thanks for the support.
Best regards,
Wilson
I got lucky on buying mine the other day. They got it out the week before and took it across the boarder to Hong Kong to ship! As far as I know, they don't celebrate Chinese Holiday in Hong Kong.

Back