DRO GCS900 type setting from MILL to LATHE

jdougfir

Registered
Registered
I have an HXX GCS900-2DB DRO and cannot get into the settings function to change the type from MILL3 to LATHE2.
Without the type set to Lathe I can't get into Diameter mode - it is always in radius mode.

The manual says "Multifunction readout can be easily set to MILL,Grind,Lathe, EDM, etc.. Set the power switch to ON, press the key "A/I" six times until the right window displays the type, then press the up or down arrow to select the type."

This procedure does not work, the unit just completes the self test and then displays the usual x & y coordinates.

Some of these units have an "S" in the lower left corner that is actually a button switch to get into a setup area but on mine the "S" is just cosmetic - no button behind it.

I would sure appreciate any method ideas you may have to get into setup.

Forget asking the vendor - useless.

Thanks
John

Never mind, just found it.

After trying all the buttons it turns out it is the "M/I" key not the "A/I" key.
Changed the type to LATHE2 and now the Diameter mode works.
Hope this helps someone else with this unit.

John

Good deal! Glad you figured it out.

If it’s not against the forum rules I would ask who the vendor was. eBay? Or some of the other usual suspects?

Yes it was ebay. Normally I have good results with ebay but this transaction was frustrating.
I debated long about spending 2x to 3x the price in order to talk to someone in English on the phone.
In the end I gave it a try. Got the wrong length scales, RMA back - wait - no response to emails, etc.
Eventually got the correct scales, installed, and now it works ok.

In addition to getting into the setup with "M/I", once there you find several additional parameters besides DRO type that are not mentioned in the manual. Still trying to work on those.

Oh well, it works!

Back