DRO on a 1340GT?

MWCurl

Registered
Registered
Hi Guys

I just purchases a 1340GT. It will be shipped in a few weeks. I am considering having a DRO installed ... I have one on the 1340 Standard Modern lathe I am running now. I would welcome comments from anyone who has experience with either the PM or Easson DRO sold by PM. Thanks.

Mike

I've had the Easson for about a year. The encoder on the long side broke after about 9 months. PM knew just what what it was and quickly replaced it. It works very well except that it shows the Z axis as Y. If you get one & figure that out please let me know.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On the back of the display unit are three places for plugs from the encoders. One of these receptacles is not connected to an encoder plug Pull the plug from the Y Axis and put it in the plug receptacle that was not used previously. The display will now reference the Z Axis.

I have the Easson 8A and love it, I believe they are shipping the 12B now, basically a $200 upcharge for the Easson over the PM unit, you will not regret going with the Easson, very nice kit.

If you are handy the install is not too bad and lots of other posts on here to see how it's done.

David.

I have the Easson 8A on my Mill, Over 3 years and no problems whatsoever. It is a solid quality unit and the instruction book is well written and easy to follow.

It works very well except that it shows the Z axis as Y. If you get one & figure that out please let me know.

Switch the the Z and Y cables where they plug in on the back of the display unit.

No luck. Apparently, you can't get there from here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I don't understand how that couldn't work?

It depends on the model, I had an Easson 12 and the X axis was the diameter, the long axis was Y (it had no Z axis input). The R/D only worked on the X axis. The Easson 12B/C you can configure the screen to show y=Z0 and Z-Z1. I am installing one currently on my lathe and will configure it as such, the 3rd axis is the tailstock.

Back