DRO on my new PM 1236

outsider347

Active User
Registered
Finally installed the PM supplied DRO on my new 1236.
Reading the supplied operators manual.......how to use is about clear as mud

Wondering if there might be a better guide available?

To answer the question, Yes I'm old
Tks

PM sells Easson Brands DROs. You can go to http://www.dropros.com/ and look at their Lathe DROs. Find the one that looks like yours. They have a lot of free instructional information on their website that may answer some of your questions.

PM sells Easson Brands DROs. You can go to http://www.dropros.com/ and look at their Lathe DROs. Find the one that looks like yours. They have a lot of free instructional information on their website that may answer some of your questions.

They sell PM branded DROs & Easson DROs. Easson was $200-300 more than the PM branded ones. I'm assuming the PM ones are re-branded Chinese DRO. I was actually on the phone with Matt today & asked him the difference. Mostly it's the display, Easson has a PC type display with rendered graphics, the PM one is just a multi-segment LED like on your microwave that only displays numbers.

I have a PM DRO on my 1640, its a no name DRO with PM on it. I know I could have bought a similar DRO on aliexpress or epay and saved a lot of money. I went for customer service. The cross slide scale is very slim, I have .0001" resolution on diameter of cross slide and it measures exactly as it cuts. I can hold 2 tenths all day long with out trying, probably hold a tenth if I was more careful, pretty nice for $400. I would do it again in a heartbeat. If I was running flood coolant I would be tempted to go magnetic, but the cost seems a bit much. For those not interested in bad manuals, questionable customer support buying from Matt is a nobrainer.

michael

Im going to make a video on them shortly here, but let me know what you have a question about. Normally I just use them to zero and measure so I have to learn a bit too, but I know the basic functions in them pretty well

Im going to make a video on them shortly here, but let me know what you have a question about. Normally I just use them to zero and measure so I have to learn a bit too, but I know the basic functions in them pretty well
Thanks Matt
Nothing special...... I am interested in learning basic operations, calibrations, & dimension verification . I think that my problem is understanding the "China speak" in the user manual.

Back