Registered
Registered
Hi guys.
Does anyone know the quality of these DRO'S
1/2

Ditron D60-2M Digital Readout

Thanks
Michael

If you require quality Heidenhain, Mitutoyo, Accurite and others make them, if shopping strictly on price then roll the dice.
It is possible that you may buy 3 very inexpensive tools for the price of 1 well established product and that one them will work well for years.
It is also possible that you may buy 3 inexpensive tools and none will work well or last for years, roll the dice (-:

Ditron is actually a decent DRO, they also make magnetic scales. Better then the generic ones. If you are using it for the mill, you may also look at the D80 which has many neet features. You may also look at the Easson ES-8A or the 12B

The next step up is 2-3X the price.

I have the above mentioned Easson ES-8A. It's very good quality, I bought directly from China and saved a lot of money. I wouldn't go with anything more, unless I was running production aircraft parts...

I just put a Fagor Innova on the BP at work . Not sure where it was made or how much it cost , but it does the job and then some . Most likely I'll be putting one on the 13" Colchester when their budget allows .

If you require quality Heidenhain, Mitutoyo, Accurite and others make them, if shopping strictly on price then roll the dice.
It is possible that you may buy 3 very inexpensive tools for the price of 1 well established product and that one them will work well for years.
It is also possible that you may buy 3 inexpensive tools and none will work well or last for years, roll the dice (-:
Thank you for the very well thought out answer and it does have a lot of truth to it,but it is not really answering the the question to this model. But thanks for your input.

All I
I just want to know if you know the quality of this specific model?

Michael I am thinking of putting a dro on my lathe but our shopping choices are limited.Where are you planning to buy this from. Will be watching with interest.

As mentioned, they are good units for the price. All the reviews for this model D60 are 5 out of 5. The internals would be the same independent if it is 2 axis or 3 axis.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-axis-M...kit-for-Mill-w-Glass-scales-NEW-/252136705864
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...odkw=D60+digital&LH_Complete=1&LH_TitleDesc=0

Jim Dawson has installed DRO products and had a positive review of them. It is not as much about a single model, as opposed to the quality of the products and their QC.
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/new-ultra-small-dro-just-installed.66384/#post-587782

Back