DRO questions

Do you have some pics of your setup?
I can take some.
I also did a 3 axis DRO using Easson scales for a Grizzly G0755 mill. I have a complete set of SolidWorks build files for that. There is a thread for my G0602 lathe DRO using iGaging scales and Yuriy's Touch DRO on the HM site.

I got this one for my lathe

View attachment 304465

It's decently made and has been trouble free, quite satisfied.

I see the one you're looking at is even cheaper, that's a spectacular price.
I like the colors too.

On a mill, the scale width is not a real big issue. You might lose a little travel, but not enough to worry about (unless it's a mini).

I put an ARO (analog readout) on the quill of my mill. Only 1 in. range, but infinitely adjustable.
View attachment 304466
For how long have you had this model and how would you rate the quality?

For how long have you had this model and how would you rate the quality?

I've had it for a little more than a year. It hasn't seen a lot of use, but it's been exposed to sub-freezing temps and multiple power outages and blinks. I would rate the quality as surprisingly good. The electronics work well and the construction is solid. Nothing feels cheap or flimsy.

I can't afford expensive DRO'S......so are these ok and wich scales are preferable, the normal size or slimline?

Hi, not trying to blow my own horn (not much!) but you and others reading this thread might be interested in my post in another forum on the DRO I chose:

Hope it helps your search.

Rob

Back