DRO/scale communication?

I think my EASSON is a DR8. They (the LCD company) day to cut that ground wire that you can see has been cut in their pictures. IF that doesn’t fix it, I’d have to solder those wires back...don’t really want to do that, just hope they aren’t blowing smoke.

I would not cut it. If you had to remove it, you probably want to desolder it.

I'm having a hard time finding a pinout on the Easson. Here is the one for the LCD DRO. I'm still looking for the other one.

1588865542782.png

Edit I found a seller making a cable that is supposedly compatible with Easson DROs that uses the exact same pinout.

Do you have an oscilloscope or at a minimum a multimeter? We might need to figure out what your wires are doing.

Everything seems to be as the EASSON wire/pin requirements. I may test on just one of the Rs-232 connectors and desolder that ground. I got a feeling it will also require found the same to the 2nd ground that you can see they removed on theirs that mine still has (soldered to the actual metal case. I have to pose this question, Easson found it necessary to have these two grounds, for noise, looping...I don’t know. How solid is yours preforming? No glitches of any sort? My EASSON DRO is great, does everything, works great, it’s just this is so much easier on the eyes...I really am surprised the limited options of LCD for DRO. I’d love to do the DRO PRO setup but have NO INTEREST in building/programming. I just want plug and play.

Everything seems to be as the EASSON wire/pin requirements. I may test on just one of the Rs-232 connectors and desolder that ground. I got a feeling it will also require found the same to the 2nd ground that you can see they removed on theirs that mine still has (soldered to the actual metal case. I have to pose this question, Easson found it necessary to have these two grounds, for noise, looping...I don’t know. How solid is yours preforming? No glitches of any sort? My EASSON DRO is great, does everything, works great, it’s just this is so much easier on the eyes...I really am surprised the limited options of LCD for DRO. I’d love to do the DRO PRO setup but have NO INTEREST in building/programming. I just want plug and play.

No glitching whatsoever. The scales also have a filtering option that reduces the update rate on the screen to use a rolling average. They say it is good when you are using it on a grinder with very high resolution scales.

I purchased my scales from the Yihao Factory directly when I got the DRO. If you can't get this figured out, I'll crack one of mine open to get a picture. I'd rather hold off on doing that for now since I don't want to risk breaking it.

I have mine on a lathe with a 1 micron scale (1u) on the cross slide so it reads out in .0001" diameter increments. My only complaint is that selecting 1u also adds a fifth digit that can't be turned off. A small piece of electrical tape solved that.

image043.jpg

Removing that ground did the job...weird. Anyway, was able to use its articulating arm to extend the current arm. Someday I'll find something better (up/down/left/right/in/out) I'll post a picture later. If that's the only LCD screen out there, maybe this thread will be of some value to the next buyer. Seems almost too sensitive, you said you turned the filter on, or were you saying you COULD? @macardoso
Thank you for your input as well!

I find the sensitivity fine. My lathe doesn’t really move more than a tenth or two while cutting and honestly I want to see if that is happening.

I do not have it turned on, but the filtering is turned on by pressing the F1 key from the main screen and setting “Shake” to “ON”

3749FAE3-01CF-4811-857B-BCBB0327F3E5.png

Congrats by the way! Good troubleshooting work.

Back