DRO - wanted

torxx

Registered
Registered
Hi,

Looking for a decent 2 axis DRO for my WARCO WM250V. Bit dubious of the chinese ones I've see via eBay so if anyone has a kit lying around they wanna get shot of give me a bell. Thanks for your consideration, cheers

I have 2 Chinese DROs. One on a mill and one on a lathe. Both work as they should. The lathe unit is about 5 yr. old and has no problems. The mill unit is about a year old. Instruction manuals are a joke. No installation guides are provided. Would I buy them again? Yes. I bought the mill unit through Amazon. I damaged one of the scales and wanted to buy a replacement. There was no communication between Amazon and their vendor so I bought my replacement scale from Banggood. Probably should have bought from them in the first place.

I have two Rational DRO's I purchased on AliExpress. I purchase the first for my mill and liked it enough to purchase a second for my lathe. I chose the same brand so the Head units (2 axis vs 3 axis) would have the same interfaces.

There are many other brands available on Aliexpress. No complaints about the sellers, though I did make sure they had 98%+ ratings on reviews. Each was purchased from a different seller, as each had better deals on 3 axis vs 2 axis units. AliExpress acts as an escrow agent and will not release your funds to the seller, until you acknowledge receipt and no issues with the order, or you don't respond with and issue within 21 or 30 days {I don't remember) after receipt.

In my case there were no issues, so I just acknowledged receipt was ok, so the seller could get paid.

If you do purchase from Aliexpress, make sure you communicate clearly with the seller what you want, using the question feature, as it gets logged incase there is a dispute.

Also research what you are interested in so you can understand what resolution scales are included. In my case, the "Packaged" deals listed in the sellers sites had the lowest resolution glass scales. Looking at Ratioinal's website I found the scale model number with the resolution I wanted. I then communicated with the seller what the price would be to upgrade the scales to the model I wanted. Once we agreed to a price, I placed the order.

Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Thanks gents much appreciated, think I'll take a punt on Chinese ones then cos others who own them have said same thing.

I bought a Easson brand DRO for my mill about 3 years ago from this Vendor on Ali Express. So far, it preforms flawlessly, also the manual is fairly well written.

Back