DROs on a Benchmaster MV1

JoeA

Registered
Registered
For anyone that is interested this is how I added DROs to my Benchmaster MV1. Note that one end of each of the rails is free to float. This is my first try at attaching a photo. Not sure how this works since I'm running on a Linux system (Ubuntu).
IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

Nice. I've got that sort of setup on my benchtop vertical and occasionally consider it for my BM, but I haven't used it yet for anything terribly intricate yet. I'm working on a VFD install first.

Thanks for posting this. I am getting ready to install DROs on a Duro-era vertical Benchmaster. I would really appreciate if you could add details showing the attachments and also talk about how you drilled and tapped the holes. I am a bit reluctant to drill and tap the old mill and want to avoid pitfalls if possible. Many thanks.

Thanks for posting this. I am getting ready to install DROs on a Duro-era vertical Benchmaster. I would really appreciate if you could add details showing the attachments and also talk about how you drilled and tapped the holes. I am a bit reluctant to drill and tap the old mill and want to avoid pitfalls if possible. Many thanks.

what a neat looking machine (I googled it and found a few photo's)
have you considered mounting them using epoxy and wood block spacers as required ?
or small and powerful magnets ?

I was getting a crick in my neck so here it is standing up. Don't wanna step on toes but it seems easier to view standing on the floor vs. the wall. :))

BenchmasterMV1_zpse66596f0.jpg

That sure is a 'git 'er done machine. Plenty-0-Beef there! Can't wait to see pics of it slingin' chips!

Back