• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

DROs on a Benchmaster MV1

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

JoeA

Swarf
Registered Member
For anyone that is interested this is how I added DROs to my Benchmaster MV1. Note that one end of each of the rails is free to float. This is my first try at attaching a photo. Not sure how this works since I'm running on a Linux system (Ubuntu).
IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

Smudgemo

Active User
Nice. I've got that sort of setup on my benchtop vertical and occasionally consider it for my BM, but I haven't used it yet for anything terribly intricate yet. I'm working on a VFD install first.

downsizingnow48

Swarf
Registered Member
Thanks for posting this. I am getting ready to install DROs on a Duro-era vertical Benchmaster. I would really appreciate if you could add details showing the attachments and also talk about how you drilled and tapped the holes. I am a bit reluctant to drill and tap the old mill and want to avoid pitfalls if possible. Many thanks.

davidh

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Thanks for posting this. I am getting ready to install DROs on a Duro-era vertical Benchmaster. I would really appreciate if you could add details showing the attachments and also talk about how you drilled and tapped the holes. I am a bit reluctant to drill and tap the old mill and want to avoid pitfalls if possible. Many thanks.
what a neat looking machine (I googled it and found a few photo's)
have you considered mounting them using epoxy and wood block spacers as required ?
or small and powerful magnets ?

drs23

Active User
I was getting a crick in my neck so here it is standing up. Don't wanna step on toes but it seems easier to view standing on the floor vs. the wall. :))

BenchmasterMV1_zpse66596f0.jpg

That sure is a 'git 'er done machine. Plenty-0-Beef there! Can't wait to see pics of it slingin' chips!

downsizingnow48

Swarf
Registered Member
Thx for suugestion on magnets will check that out. And thanks for fixing photo!

[6]
[5] [7]