Drum Brake Plate Renovation

That came out really nice. Hammer finish paint? What type of bike is that from? I just love the shapes of the component castings on older machines. Mike

I have used the Cast Finish Paint several times. Makes a casting look brand new. They have both aluminum and steel cast finish paints. I have used the Aluminum but haven't tried the steel one yet.

It is a paint for car rims. I've prepared two wheels for a 80cc Zundapp basket case that I'm renovating from ground and up. The drum above is for the rear wheel and the front wheel has got a larger drum since I hope it will be a fast little toy for hill climb races and recreation. The tank is ready and I'll get the rest of the parts from the paint shop next week. I'm doing all the mechanical work and tuning.

I'll post a picture in this thread when it is ready.

DSC05251.JPG

DSC05252.JPG

The renovation started a couple of weeks ago and the little bike has come far from what it was when I got is last year. It is not much work left; mounting of exhaust system, carburetor, air filter and wires.

The first pic is when the quite worn piece was fetched. It looks a lot better in the picture than it was.
20150927_161020.jpg

Cracked lamp house repaired and painted.
DSC05285.JPG

Initial assembly.
Montering.jpg

A bit blurry mobile camera picture.
20160514_211310.jpg

The old so called pig nose fender replaced with a chrome version.
DSC05307.JPG

Exhaust system in place. It gave me a good reason to use a lathe :)

DSC05333.JPG
DSC05334.JPG

DSC05335.JPG

DSC05336.JPG

DSC05338.JPG

Project completed so I took a couple of pictures outdoors in natural light.

DSC05369.JPG

Back