Drum Roll Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Benny called me last week from the scrap yard telling me a military truck came in with a fork lift and a pallet jack, the pallet jack worked and had a bonus surprise, a built in scale (not working). All for the affordable price of $75.00 I had him pee on it for me.

I went and picked it up this morning. I need to figure out if the scale works or not, it has 9 rechargeable batteries but no charger.

Pallet Jack (6).JPG Pallet Jack (5).JPG Pallet Jack (4).JPG Pallet Jack (3).JPG Pallet Jack (2).JPG Pallet Jack (1).JPG

Hi Charley,

Very nice find, especially for the price. Not sure if you are asking for comments or not regarding the cells. They are very old Nicds, but the good news is I believe they were made by Panasonic before they pulled out of Mexico. Panasonic and Sanyo are the premium nicd manufacturers. Pana no longer makes nicds. These look like 1.3 to 1.5 ahr if they are subC size. You can try and do a charge on them if you have access to a power supply with adjustable current. Set it to 13volts and current limit of 150 ma. and see if the voltage will come up on each cell.

David

Now the JAX not working so I gotta figure that out. Going to check the fluids. I looked it up on the net and has a 5000 pound capacity. All comments and advice is welcome

the batteries have most likely just self-discharged. Get some NiMh cells in the equivalent size (D?) or even AA Eneloops in adapters and see if it works.

As for the jack not pumping - any oil around the piston? Might have been enough of a leak that the hydraulic fluid level got low.

Mebbe that's why it was scrapped!:) Good luck with fixing it. It probably isn't too complicated.

Man, the number of times I needed one of those and didn't have one -I could cry thinking about it. Nice find.

Ray

Got the jack portion workin The plunger for the Jack release was not coming all the way out Kind of a weird design I will delve into the Scale when I have more money

I had one like that but it didn't have the electrics, It got in my way one time to many so I cut it up and sent it to the scrap yard. I
Oh and it wotked to!!
Paul

Back