Drum Switch again

Yes that looks fine. What happens is the motor terminal #4 is switched between one side of the power line or the other and that
does reverse the motor rotation by inverting the phase of the start leg. A bit hard to explain briefly but trust me, it works.
Good clear drawing you made, might help others with a similar motor issue. I'm copying it for my files. Another similar Dayton model: 3K199
I would retain the 220/240 volt nomenclature for clarity though- someone might mis-interpret as 110 volt across the line
This system could easily be configured to 110/120 volt operation by simply configuring the motor for "low volt", bringing the red wire out to the
unused switch terminal #3, and bringing both white and yellow out to switch terminal #6
-M

Attachments

• 3K199_3.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Okay
Here is "Less-unclear" diagram re:220V

220.1.JPG

View attachment 354990

Also I wondered if simply reversing "Red" & "Blk" wires on the motor circuit board contacts at 3 & 5 would reverse the drum switch action ? I did not do this when needed to change the switch function, but tried to reason how the would work.

For 110v operation i drew this modified drawing, Does it look correct to you ?
Robert

110.JPG

Last edited:
Wait a second- In post # 12: if you want to reverse the rotation you swap 2 and 6 at the switch not 2 and 4.
Hopefully you already caught that error

Yes you could also invert the rotation by swapping the red and black- swapping at the switch might be easier if the motor is hard to reach

The 120 volt drawing you did looks fine also

Last edited:
Wait a second- In post # 12: if you want to reverse the rotation you swap 2 and 6 at the switch not 2 and 4.
Hopefully you already caught that error

Yes you could also invert the rotation by swapping the red and black- swapping at the switch might be easier if the motor is hard to reach

The 120 volt drawing you did looks fine also
Yep
2 & 6 like you originally said.
.... not sure how i did that (typo)

Back