Drum switch ... does this sound correct??

OK, I see your problem. I your post #29, move wire 8 or T8 from upper right hand terminal, term. 2, directly over to upper left terminal, term. 1. That should fix the blowing the breaker when reversing. Ken

Stop. don't do anything yet. You have much more wrong than switching T8 wire. Your other connections are on opposite sides of the jumpers. Let me scan my sketch so you can look at it.

KEn

Here's my wiring diagram. Not the greatest but should work, Ken

Attachments

• drum switch hookup diagram.pdf
    286 KB · Views: 22
Wow thank you very much man I will have to do this tomorrow as I have some obligations right now.

That's absolutely awesome of you thank you so much I'll start working on it tomorrow and let you know how it turns out

Understand I keep on posting and it doesn't show up I wanted to thank you you don't know how much I appreciate this I will try and do this first thing in the morning

I don't know if anybody else has experienced this issue with posts disappearing on me I'm just hoping that they're not duplicating now

I'm so crossing my fingers that this will work thank you very much I really thought I was on the right track is I got it running

I'll let you know tomorrow

Okay so I wired it up it runs fine in forward but it just sits and hums in reverse.
I triple checked all my wiring and it's all spot on so I don't know what to do now God this is so frustrating

It seems as though 8 + 5 are both side the same leg when you switch it to "reverse"

Either that or I'm losing my mind

Last edited:
ok so it works flawlessly if i move t8 back over to the top right connection. that gets it out of the t5s way
i ran it in both forward and reverse for 5 minutes each with no trouble

If you look at my diagram closely, 8 and 5 are separate from each other. Took me a while to figure that one out. And also the one terminal that does get any wires attached to, too. I'm used to wiring them up for 3-phase service. Your jumper is what was throwing me off as well as which side you had L1 on. But I'm glad you it running right. Ken

Back