Dry Shop Air - Step 2 (Compressed Air Manifolds)

Am I the only one who noticed the FANTASTIC surface finish you got? It's truly amazing. Beautiful work!

I added a bunch of drops scattered around my shop and other than the dedicated connections, and like aliva, all I seem to use is the retractable hose reel. :)
Here is the short list of compressed air usual suspects we have, or will have, in our shop (just to give this post some perspective)

Mill:
  • air blow gun
  • power draw bar
  • misting/lube system
Lathe:
  • air blow gun
  • misting/lube system
Grinding Station
  • die grinder
  • accessory grinder
Weld Table
  • Fume extractor - filter clean (back-pressure)
CNC Plasma feed

Paint booth/paint sprayer

Tube Bender (future) air/hydraulic

Last edited:
Am I the only one who noticed the FANTASTIC surface finish you got? It's truly amazing. Beautiful work!
Thanks hman! I was pretty happy with the finish. Brand new end mills more than skill I think. I've also gotten into the habit of putting a very light coating of WD-40 on the part with an acid brush (less fumes).

I added a bunch of drops scattered around my shop and other than the dedicated connections, and like aliva, all I seem to use is the retractable hose reel. :)
We added a pneumatic die grinder at the grinding station, a mist-buster at the mill (will add another at the lathe) and another air gun at the mill. We're picking up the plasma tomorrow and there goes another one. Finally, going to port an air line outside through the garage vent to feed a paint booth on the back patio. We have 14 air fittings and have 10 connections in place or planned. Phew. This has been a lot of work to get the shop ready for our 2022 "go live"

Funny thing is you can't find them any place it seems like they would sell well.

Back