• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[4]

Dunlap AA 109 website

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I lost the address , I have been trying to find it for the last few days . I fear the gentleman that was running the site might have closed up shop . Anybody know ? Thanks , Mark .

Billh50

Active User
Are you looking for information on the Dunlop lathes ?

westsailpat

Hi Bill , no I'm not looking for info on 109's . Although I think the are a wonderful model type hobby lathe . The reason I would like to find that guy's site is because he had some hand wheel handles that I think would be perfect for my compound . His site was a interesting read too .

Billh50

Active User
Ohhh ok
could only find sights with information. otherwise would need the exact name of site or owner of site.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
@wa5cab may have information that may be of use to you.
if he doesn't chime in here, send him a message and i'm sure he can point you in the right direction.
the AA was a different manufacturer, but did sell under the craftsman badge known as the "Craftsman 80"
Robert is an expert on anything craftsman/atlas, or logan/wards, as well as being a heck of a nice guy, and a moderator here on the forum.
he really knows his stuff.

clif

Or you could try this;

https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.homeshopsupply.com (click on any circled date)

It's called the way back machine, and they have been archiving an incredible amount of webpages,

I use them when an address no longer works and many times I am pleasantly surprised they archived what I was looking for.

They have archived quite a bit of that website. Most of the links I looked at still worked except for the items he was selling.

westsailpat

Thanks for that Cliff , the home shop supply website was part blog and part business . I have a feeling that when Mr. Harding passed that was the end of it , at least ordering parts .

Last edited:

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Brewster Kahle and Bruce Gilliat founded the Wayback Machine. Thank God somebody has enough brains and courage to archive the internet. An Apple 1 is not the same kind of artifact as the Rosetta Stone. A good friend of mine is also a friend of Brewster Kahle, and told me the deeper story of the project. Highly interesting stuff, and a monumental undertaking...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayback_Machine

westsailpat

Hi Robert , well I was able to find the website but I'm pretty sure ordering parts is not a option . Back last yr. Bill was telling people "don't be in a hurry to get your stuff I'm really old". This is what I'm looking for , I don't need the whole hand wheel just one of the handles . They are tiny , barley a inch long and the part that presses in is 3/16 .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/atlas-craf...%3Aac33410315f0aa66e2ef9bb8ffff720a%7Ciid%3A1

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
Pat,

Many years ago, Lionel Weightman did drawings for a lot of the mostly external parts for the AA lathes. There should be a copy of his paper in Downloads under Atlas/Craftsman/AA (I'll check and make sure). I cleaned up and straightened the document.

One of the drawings makes a tailstock handwheel and another makes a cross-feed crank and dial. Both include the handles.

westsailpat

Thank you Robert , I will check for that . Because the handle I need is so small , I'm thinking just make it , I have it's sister . Should be a nice exercise in hand- eye and file work . I wonder if anyone has rigged up a hydraulic tracer attachment for a craftsman 6" haha . I also need to adrress the fact that my cross feed hand wheel has been smashed to bits . I think DSCF2546.JPG this pic shows both (I need a new camera)
Also for any one looking I found this wheel on the Bay it is very close to a saddle wheel for a 6" or 618 . I bought it because I plan to make a collet closer out of it . https://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pc-3-Elec...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
OK. It's there. Only file in the AA Drawings folder.

[6]
[5] [7]