Dunlap drill press

pineyfolks

Active User
Registered
I'm going to look at a Dunlap drill press this weekend. I'm not really familiar with them but I have heard people say there's a bushing in the spindle that often needs replaced. Is there anything else I should be looking for that's a potential problem? I have no real need for it. Just looking for a little winter project, something to restore.

pineyfolks,

Really, the only reason for "Dunlap" being in the forum title is that two or three of the AA lathes Sears branded as Dunlap. Other than that, as a practical matter, the bulk of the people who "hang out" here will be interested in Atlas brand or Sears model numbers starting with "101" which was or is the Sears contractor code for Atlas Press.and later Atlas-Clausing or Clausing-AtlasYou might want to try the generic Drill Press forum. But what 3-digit number does the drill press that you are interested in begin with?

Basically this is all the information that was listed. I was just interested if any one has one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-22-16-28-20_kindlephoto-443448983.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-22-16-28-20_kindlephoto-443448983.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
pineyfolks,

Really, the only reason for "Dunlap" being in the forum title is that two or three of the AA lathes Sears branded as Dunlap. Other than that, as a practical matter, the bulk of the people who "hang out" here will be interested in Atlas brand or Sears model numbers starting with "101" which was or is the Sears contractor code for Atlas Press.and later Atlas-Clausing or Clausing-AtlasYou might want to try the generic Drill Press forum. But what 3-digit number does the drill press that you are interested in begin with?

Feel free to remove my post.

Naah, that's OK. I was just explaining the main reason why Dunlap is in the Forum title.

Back