E-Machineshop

Hi,
Is this that program that lets you design parts then you can touch a button for quotes?
I found one years ago that did this and it also asked if you would like to make the parts.
The estimates are very much like cnc pricing, one off or small runs are expensive, but when numbers get huge, cost approach material costs. a very sound looking principal, if you can design it and want to buy the finished product it is out there for any manufacturer to pick up, depends on one's risk tolerance i suppose.

Emachineshop does have that option. I like the 3D view.

I have used their services for some time now for Laser cut parts. Quality is excellent but estimated delivery times sometimes not so much. Just Recently I made a pair of ornate spade shaped hinges for a M1917 Holt artillery tractor grouser box. After drawing it with their program, I printed in on label paper and stuck it on the metal to cut out.

I am about as CAD challenged as one person can be, but I use emachineshop for all my modeling now. I believe Jumps did a tutorial on how to use it. The thread is here somewhere and it helped me more than anything the internet, google or the CAD guys at work could do. Maybe someone will post the link to the tutorial.

I think your missing the point of this thread, I have "NO" intentions of using these guys to machine anything, I am only using the free software they let you download to draw/design parts for my CNC plasma table. I'm sure this program is a "joke" compared to $12,000.00 solidworks program or any other way over priced cad/cam program but this one is "Free" I have already found some weaknesses in it but it is a great learning tool & I can export my drawings into Lazy Cam & then on to Mach3 so it is useful. It does not show any dimensions but you can easily add them to the drawings. Overall I really like it at my level of experience.

I can draw up what I need and take it in to the company I am laid off from and make the parts on one of their machines. So it's a win win for me.

Look into FUSION 360. A free cad/cam offering from Autodesk.

Back