Early Lodge and Shipley in Texas

vocatexas

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I ran across this in an auction ad and thought I'd post it here to see if anybody is interested. http://www.angelfire.com/pq/obars/d...lbum/lg-lodge-and-shipley-metal-lathe?i=3&s=1

I will probably be going to this auction as I'm a regular there. It's the same place I bought my 36 inch L&S. I may drive down early next week to take a look just for curiosity's sake. If anybody is interested in the lathe but can't make it to the auction, let me know or you can call the auction and place a phone bid. You never know about auctions, but usually a machine like this goes fairly cheap there because there aren't many people looking for an older lathe.

wow, there's not much out there! I think I may have driven past your neck of the woods when I went from San Antonio to San Angelo for a job interview. That's a really pretty part of Texas - the hill country has its own special kind of beauty.

Matt, if you ran 87 from Comfort to San Angelo you've been near my place. I'm about six miles east of 87 on the Austin highway (71) southeast of Brady. If you get back this way sometime let me know and we can grab a glass of iced tea and visit.

From tractors to smokers. That is going to be a fun auction!

Yep, they have good ones there. I've been going to them for a few years regularly. Bought my wife a retired school bus there last month. :grin: (Long story, a charity she runs needed it.)

Well, somehow or another that Patent Head followed me home. I unloaded it this afternoon. I'll try to get some pics and post them in the L&S section in a day or two. If anybody is interested in it, let me know.

I've nearly got my shop finished and I plan to take the lathe apart, clean it up and fix/repair what needs it. After that, not sure. I've got too many lathes now as it is, but this one does have a long bed, so....

that's really neat. I don't think you can have too many lathes, only not enough space :)

Back