Easy splinter removal. Best tool for the job.

I've hear, ask a joke, "circle it and take it out later"! Don't waste time with it now and take it out on your own time! LoL!

A good set of twisers are valable!

Hah hah!!! Circle it!! Hah hah hah!

Bernie

Look at your hands under magnification and see dozens of metal splinters. The longer ones straight in do require digging out. I could use a good set of tweezers...Want to mention that when I get a bit of metal bounce up and stick to my eyeball I use a nice smooth magnet to get it off the eye. I don't mean that it is sticking into the eyeball which would best be handled by visit to a doctor.

That "Sliver Gripper" is truly a great tool. I had one on my key chain when I worked in a cabinet shop, and used it daily, sometimes several times daily!
That reminds me of a story.
When my son was 3 or 4, he got a splinter in his butt from the wooden play structure in our back yard.I told him I was going to get the tweezers from the garage to pull it out. Instead of the tweezers, I came back in with my biggest pair of Channelocks! He knew I was joking right away, of course, but you should have seen his face when I first came in! And I did get the splinter out with the tweezers.
Rick W

I was taught by a machinist that emery paper rubbed against the sliver will remove the splinter. I have used this method for years usually works. try to rub the emery opposite the splinter entered bill

I use a dentists pic. The thing your dentil hygienist uses to pic and scrape your teeth.
And you must have good magnification. I use a EBAY jewelers loupe with built in light. Makes the pic look like a log!

Anyone ever thought of using gloves? "An ounce of prevention", lol. In all seriousness, what about latex or nitrile gloves, do any of you use something like that; is there a safe way to do so? Just a new guy by the way, and I will order a set of the tweezers for the record. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back