Eating up TiN cated HSS endmills need helP!

ok how fast where you feeding it. You wan't to ease into the work. Do you have power feed or are you cranking by hand.

First of all, 2 flute mills are for aluminum, plastics and soft materials. Your milling tools are burnt on the edges. Your chips are burnt. That indicates too much SFM. Slow the spindle down. The quality of some imported tools is not always the best.

Climbing is preferable if the machine is capable of it, a better surface finish always results. On a manual mill I rough conventionally and do a light climb for finishing.

Hand cranking. It sounds like I am just running the spindle to fast. Ill stick with 4 flute. Ill look into some better tools. I but a lot of stuff from meritool for my CNC maybe I will give them a go for this.

A G0704 is a bench top mill. That is what I have and yes verry light pass of a couple of though climing will leave a nice finish. I realy don't need it on mild steel thouch.

I would also say you need to get the chips out the way. Them marks on that t nut are likely the chips being ground around the already milled portion. You get that from clim milling alot and pocket milling as well. Do as suggested and take roughing cuts then clean it up with a finish pass. Are you running coolant of any kind?

According to the photo of the end mills I think the secondary angle is very high and these drag material

Some time ago I bought a set of end mills that had the same secundary angle problem

Back