Ebay issue, how to handle bait and switch...

The 1/8 carbide end mills sound handy if you have a way to use them, and a good price also. But considering the small amount of money involved I guess I would take the $3.00 credit and move on with life.

I would leave a review stating your experience. I went through something similar a couple weeks ago. The item did not match the ad spec, but in my case it worked out fine because the item sent actually had better compatibility with what I was doing.

Unless the O1 is hardened, a cobalt bit would be my choice.

EDIT: If it work hardened, then the hardness is very thin. I would recommend a cobalt bit, slow speed, and a lot of pressure. No coolant or cutting oil. It also may be possible to use one of those carbide end mills and plunge to get through the hardened part.

BTW, you should be able to edit a post for a couple of hours.

Last edited:
I hate that kind of business too. Personally I refuse to buy product that is shipping from overseas countries, and/or by a seller located overseas (Europe excluded) due to this.
Beyond that I would hold them to the original offering just for principal.. Get the item replaced or refunded. I can't find it right now (maybe one needs to have a valid purchase in the Ebay system?) but I've opened a "case" thru Ebay before, and Ebay stepped in and mediated the situation. It worked out well in my situation.
Just my opinion..

Contact your cc to reverse the charges pronto.
Send report to ebay.

Offer to return the end mills collect.
Shop for what you need at HF or Princess auto.
I'll contact my CC issuer. Done. Waiting for a response.

My HF "HSS" twist drill kind of melted in the work hardened O-1. I now have cobalt HF twist drills. They are ok for the most part. I'll try it on that piece.

No mention of end mills in original listing. Picture was of twist drills. In "revised" listing, they still use picture of twist drills. Then they used "weasel words" end mill in small print at very bottom of page (2 pages down of scrolling). It's a deceptive listing. In my opinion, it's fraudulent intent.

Can you post a link to the listing? It is easy to get misled by listings. They're not necessarily intentional deceit. In many cases, the seller is simply not knowledgeable about what they're selling. 1/8" carbide drills and end mills used in the p.c.b. industry are very similar. IMO, Amazon is worse yet regarding poor descriptions of offerings.

Rule #1 with eBay listings, the pictures do not count for squat, only what is in the description.
The only time we've gotten around that fact was an item we bought stated in the description "To see the pictures for details..."
When Honey is listing items, she writes up a description that would make an English composition class teacher proud.

Can you post a link to the listing? It is easy to get misled by listings. They're not necessarily intentional deceit. In many cases, the seller is simply not knowledgeable about what they're selling. 1/8" carbide drills and end mills used in the p.c.b. industry are very similar. IMO, Amazon is worse yet regarding poor descriptions of offerings.

I found the listing, looks like drill bits to me.

What you are showing is the modified listing. The listing was changed after I bought the item. I have a copy of the original listing, which has zero mention of end mills. It's bait and switch.

There's a couple of paths to possible resolution.
CC as you've done also eBay sellers tend to rely on reputation. So report to eBay and leave a negative review.
I had a terrible experience with a seller and the threat of a bad review was enough to get a pretty serious partial refund.

And I found this one.
and this one.
If you look at the descriptions, they are identical.

Back