EBAY pullled a fast one.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
This morning, I saw that they had sent me an email yesterday, that my 20% off coupon was slipping away. 12/9 was the last day I marked it important. After doing some stuff in the shop this morning, I started putting an order together for some raw material. I went to get the coupon, and it was no longer a coupon. I went to the earlier email which was a coupon too, and it was now the same as the other email. REALLY. I'm angry.

Would you care to elaborate as to what the "coupon" changed to? I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't a coupon at all but some type of virus and sharing any info you have about it might both help solve the mystery and prevent others from falling into the same trap. Not saying that's what it was but without further info Its something we will never be able to ferret out!

no it was a coupon. They use an email that links back to their servers to display the content. The content was changed, the email never contains much in text only text for code, it's always displayed from their servers. That way they know you looked at the email, and they display items that interest you. it makes for a smaller payload, and the heavier payload is delivered if you open it.

I had the same email from EBay about a coupon slipping away. I did not look at it at the time. I just did and it must have contained a script since as Woodchucker mentions, it no longer shows 20 % off.

So essentially they changed the expiration date behind your back? That sounds kinda uncool. Of course I've seen
prices on Amazon change from viewing to viewing also
Mark

Mine went from 20% in the email to 15% when I put it in... or I used a different coupon... I did not quibble about it, I needed the item ordered...

Dang @woodchucker , i'm sorry you had trouble-
i didn't have any trouble, i got the same email last night, but i acted on it and purchased a new 13.2 mp camera.
i received the 20%off on my order- the discount code took the 150 camera and turned into a $130 camera and free shipping too!

How do you get these emails? I have never seen an eBay coupon like that. Must be for select merchants only?

I have the app, sometimes as a user of the app I get something like this and only a few hours to use it. I think it's site wide, only has happened a couple times for me though.

How do you get these emails? I have never seen an eBay coupon like that. Must be for select merchants only?
I don't know. I get a bunch of emails from them , and during the season it's ramped up even more. This is not the first coupon I have seen, but it is the first of the season.

Back