Electric motor connection

grsabourin

Registered
Registered
Hi,

I was needed to change the motor of my conventional lath. Original motor was a 220V, single phase 3/4 HP reversible. The new one is not really different. It is a 220V, single phase 1 HP reversible. The connection diagram is different for the new motor.

This the motor wiring diagram and my switch configuration. I would like to wire the switch to be able to reverse the motor.

Is someone may told me how to wire the switch and the motor

Thank you

Motor.gif

Last edited:
I take a closer look to JPigg55 proposition. One question is coming up. Is the color coding is standard between companies? The diagram seems really different as what is written on the sticker of my motor.

If was confusing to me at 1st, had not seen that type doc before.

Do you want a copy of the hand sketch of wiring as if you were using a 3PDT switch? I was thinking of a panel mounted switch initially. Like an Allen Bradley 800T series type. Lots of them on Ebay. You can add extra blocks for what you need.

Did you look up the Dayton switch?

http://pospert.org/dayton-gear-motor-wiring-diagram/

Are you saying that I do not have the right switch type for what I would like to do? I already have a drum switch that it was fitting with my old motor

I figured you would want it for reference. Note, I might have error in there, but think I got it.

MOTOR%20SWITCH.jpg

I didn't know if you wanted different options. Use what you got on hand and save money.

Yes ideally I would like to reuse my current drum switch. Thank you for your drawing. I understand it. I just need to figure out how to do it with my drum switch

grsabourin: There are many variations regarding motor wire color codes. Can you provide the name of the manufacturer of your motor?
Do you want to connect it for 230v or 115v?
Mark S.

Back